Infant Safety Training
Infant Safety Training is a requirement for all staff and carers working with children aged 0 – 2 years.
The training covers a broad range of child safety and injury prevention topics including the prevention of:
- Choking and Suffocation
- Burns and Scalds
- Driveway runovers
- Dog Bites
- Kids in hot cars
And the promotion of:
- Safe Infant Sleeping – working through the requirements under the South Australian Safe Infant Sleeping Standards
- Best practice guidelines for child car restraints
- Safe nursery furniture and equipment
- Product safety
- Safe play
- General safety around the home and in the community
- Risk assessment and management
The learning outcomes from the Kidsafe SA Infant Safety Training include:
- A clear understanding of the range and incidence of preventable childhood injuries
- Strategies to reduce preventable childhood injuries
- Strategies to increase the safety of children’s environments.
A supporting resource kit* and certificate of attendance is provided to those who complete the Kidsafe SA Infant Safety Training.
To find out about and register for upcoming sessions, please click here.
* To purchase additional resource kits, please visit our online shop.