Kidsafe SA provides an education, information and resource service for parents and carers of children, on all aspects of child safety and injury prevention. We operate the Kidsafe Centre where a range of brochures, information sheets and safety products on topics such as the prevention of burns and scalds, drowning, falls, choking and poisoning are available. We are located on Level 1 of the Gilbert Building (opposite the Playdeck), at the Women's & Children's Hospital in North Adelaide.
Resources and Safety Products-
The Kidsafe Centre offers a whole range of child safety and injury prevention resources including information sheets, brochures and booklets. A comprehensive range of safety products is available for inspection and purchase from the Kidsafe Centre. An order form can be downloaded from this webiste (under 'safety services' - 'safety products'). Alternatively, call the Kidsafe Centre on (08) 8161 6318 to place an order.
Community groups, parents, carers and students are invited to visit the Kidsafe Centre - Level 1, Gilbert Building (opposite the Playdeck and next to the Starlight Express Room), Women's and Children's Hospital. Kidsafe SA also offers a telephone advisory service - Ph: (08) 8161 6318. Please leave a message if we are unable to take your call at that time and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
During the past several years, Kidsafe SA has initiated and/or collaborated on several very successful child injury prevention projects. Among these have been:
- The development of child injury prevention resources for Aboriginal families and communities entitled, ‘Safety for our Little Fellas’
- A state-wide Safe Infant Sleeping project
- The development of the Kidsafe Community Action Kit – a guide for Health Professionals and Early Childhood Workers
- Playspace Resource Kit and Inspection Service
- Poisons! Lock Up & Away
- Safe Eating for Young Children – Prevent Choking on Food
- Hot Water Burns Like Fire
- Kids ’N’ Cars
- Workforce Training for Health Professionals & Early Childhood Workers
- Infant safety training
Click 'view file' below to download and view the Kidsafe SA promotional flyer.