Date(s) - 08/08/2019
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Session will be delivered online
Infant Safety Training is a requirement for all staff and carers working with children aged 0 – 2 years.
The training covers a broad range of child safety and injury prevention topics including the prevention of:
- Choking and Suffocation
- Burns and Scalds
- Driveway runovers
- Dog Bites
- Kids in hot cars
And the promotion of:
- Safe Infant Sleeping – working through the requirements under the South Australian Safe Infant Sleeping Standards
- Best practice guidelines for child car restraints
- Safe nursery furniture and equipment
- Product safety
- Safe play
- General safety around the home and in the community
The learning outcomes from the Kidsafe SA Infant Safety Training include:
- A clear understanding of the range and incidence of preventable childhood injuries
- Strategies to reduce preventable childhood injuries
- Strategies to increase the safety of children’s environments.
A supporting resource kit and certificate of attendance is provided to those who complete the Kidsafe SA Infant Safety Training.
If you need to cancel your booking please call the office on 8161 6318. Please note that a cancellation fee may apply
Bookings are closed for this event.