Buying a baby sling or carrier
When buying a baby sling or carrier, you should look for the following:
- Make sure the product comes with clear and detailed instructions for use.
- Take your baby with you and ask a staff member to show you how to fit the sling to you correctly.
- Make sure the product you buy is a good fit for all of the people who will be using it – it should be able to be safely adjusted to fit each person.
- The sling should not cover your baby’s face or put them in a foetal position.
- Avoid slings that mention being womb-like or cocoon shape.
- Be careful when buying or using second hand slings or buying online because it will be harder to check the quality and how the product fits you.
- Check the material, stitching and fastenings to make sure they are good quality and in good condition.